Thanks to New Designers, I met Dave, the art director of Top-b, and was given a two week placement at this well-known global event management company.
On my first day, a big sheet of paper was already sticked on the wall, I had my own working space, called Edna's space/ Edna's corner. What a warm and surprise welcome! :D
So, here is a break down of what I have done and learnt throughout the days.
Day 1 (25 Aug 2015):
- Three previous live briefs was given to me, and see what ideas I can come up with.
- Briefing started sharply at 9, everyone needs to tell what they are going to work on.
- Drawing storyboard was a challenging task to me, but the brainstorming session was fun.
- Event/ conference identity is different from the commercial logos I used to create.
Day2 (26 Aug 2015):
- My expected train was cancelled, letting Dave to wait for me at the station :(
- Event logo design, idea sharing and brainstorming.
- Preparing presentation slides and mock ups for CDF event.
- Went for a walk at lunchtime, the weather was so nice :)
Day3 (27 Aug 2015):
- Involving into a live brief, idea sharing and brainstorming.
- Drawing a draft storyboard with a growing plant idea, was modified by Dave.
- Having a tasty cupcake and refreshment at tea hour, so lucky :)
- Keep doing 'Reaching for the sun' logo.
Day4 (28 Aug 2015):
- Designing a invitation card and recreating a map for a event of Wolseley.
- A lovely baby visited us, everyone was refreshed x
- Creating invitation cards and designing presentation slides for CDF event.
- My work always needed to be refined by Dave, haha learnt a lot from him!
Day5 (1 Sept 2015)
- Making Top-b's case studies sheets, which they call it Memory box.
- Converting presentation slides from indesign to powerpoint.
- A very productive day!
Day6 (3 Sept 2015)
- Continue making Top-b's Memory box.
- Designing Aggregate Industry Posters.
- Learning and trying to colour sketches by markers.
Colleagues at Top-b were so friendly and cheerful, and they made a good cup of tea! I have great time in this harmony working environment, wish I can spend more days there.